Are wireless smart homes in Salt Lake City a wise choice?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were confined to hard-wired equipment linked through a drawn-out installation process. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has reinvented the industry and created a world of opportunities for families.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Salt Lake City is right for your family? Find out what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What to know before switching to wireless
The backbone of any wireless network is a sound link to the internet. Dependable, high-speed internet and a compatible wireless router are the two primary components you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, consider making the change now to take advantage of the latest performance improvements.
If you live in a location without trustworthy high-speed internet or cell coverage, you may be better off with a wired connection. And, it may be wise financially to stay with a current setup if you relocate to a residence already wired for home security.
Regardless of where you reside, network and electrical blackouts can occur. With this in mind, look for security solutions with battery and cellular backups to keep you connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Salt Lake City?
The primary goal of any home security system is to protect your family from threats like break-ins and fire. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the latest improvements, a wireless smart home is your best choice. With a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your entrances or scan real-time footage from your mobile device? A wireless smart home offers a level of access you’ve never experienced previously. You can remotely check or adjust any incorporated components, such as your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant alerts: You can not only access your system, but it can also access you. If one of your sensors is activated, a notification will be sent immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when the system goes off, regardless of where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Dissimilar to wired devices, you can place wireless options just about anyplace. Interested in having a video camera on your desktop or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also simple to incorporate or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential shortcomings of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Salt Lake City have proven safe and effective, there are some potential disadvantages. You might give thought to the following:
● You may have to switch out batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered components, there’s always the possibility of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will inform you when power is low and usually last for many years without requiring a replacement.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you are able to install wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This won’t be a concern in most homes, but you ought to ask about the limit before making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the potential of hacking is there. But you can greatly lower this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Salt Lake City today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can provide by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll love being able to access and control your Salt Lake City security system from anywhere. Reach out to (385) 350-4458 to begin.