Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Salt Lake City smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Salt Lake City home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Salt Lake City help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also offers total remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- Review current or recorded footage from your linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Salt Lake City by implementing schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then confirm you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Salt Lake City
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, tap phone or email and submit the info to send an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Salt Lake City smart home. Call (385) 350-4458 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.