Daily shipments have become commonplace for countless residents due to the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having items delivered at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels on your doorstep are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you can protect yourself from it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are great tools to combat porch pirates, but they give you a lot more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Salt Lake City video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and receive real-time notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The best way to understand how a Salt Lake City video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your door and boxes on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will provide exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can get immediate notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and boxes.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to inquire about why they’re there. You could even utilize this handy feature to scare off people lurking around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access current and recorded video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you may access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even let you speak with the person at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.