Tips to cut down on false alarms in Salt Lake City
False alarms are a legitimate issue for your home’s security. Not only are they costly and time-consuming, but they may lower the confidence you have in your installation. Luckily, you can do some things to reduce false alarms from your Salt Lake City security system.
First, ensure that everything is installed properly. This process may sound like common sense, but it’s often the case that basic miscues result in false alarms. Secondly, check out likely sources of false alarms, like a back door that could be left ajar inadvertently. And finally, feel free to use the extra options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Salt Lake City.
Might it be really that easy? Read on and see for yourself.
A great deal of false alarms in Salt Lake City are avoidable
Like diagnosing any problem, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all devices are installed correctly on your end by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically check each component to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t engaging at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are incorporated correctly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Reach out to your service agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Salt Lake City home. They'll be happy to dispatch a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Check your windows and doors
When your installation seems to be installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of the house. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or are any mistakenly ajar? If an entry point stays unlatched, it may activate a sensor. In the event your family routinely fails to close a door, you can implement a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows take additional physical effort, particularly if you have someone who likes to sleep with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while still shielding the remainder of the house.
Smart home automation is a great method to cut down on false alarms in Salt Lake City
One of the most effective methods to minimize the probability of false alarms is to integrate automation into your alarm system. With your security app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms caused by accidentally opening doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you depart the property, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Receive mobile updates when your implements notice abnormal motion or have need of a battery change.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you may turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Salt Lake City with a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (385) 350-4458 or complete the following form.