What should you do if your Salt Lake City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your family members – against the multitude of risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Salt Lake City home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often shocking, bewildering, and might incite panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these easy tips.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Salt Lake City Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the most effective way to assess what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself and permit your monitoring agents and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of danger. In the event of a burglary, this might mean going to a predetermined safe zone as far from entrances as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or a fire, you ought to vacate your residence right away.
- Grab your smartphone. Most individuals keep their cell phones with them constantly these days, but you could neglect to pick it up during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and get updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Salt Lake City goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The procedure they follow depends on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most common sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you through the touchscreen interface. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in an answer, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again once authorities are notified.
If you're not able to interact with monitoring staff, don't worry. Support will still be deployed even when you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Salt Lake City
Be prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Salt Lake City from Vivint. Dial (385) 350-4458 to start designing your property’s protection today.