What you should look for in a home security camera in Salt Lake City
Getting snagged by surveillance is the last thing an invader would like to happen This is the main reason why security cameras are one of the best components to include as you design your home security system. Although free-standing cameras will be beneficial when set up appropriately, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your property’s smart home system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Salt Lake City? You’ll be glad to discover these important devices come with more features than earlier versions. You are able to view real-time feeds from indoor cameras or surprise those lurking about with built-in deterrent mechanisms from exterior cameras. And you can control your home security cameras easily in the same app.
Dynamic features add value to home security cameras in Salt Lake City
Loaded with features and simple-to-use security cameras will take your residence’s defense to a different level. These essential elements of your alarm system are available with an incredible range of features including 2-way communications, motion detection, and customizable zones. Explore the options available to you below.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a surveillance camera that can react instantly. If odd behavior is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will form around the camera lens and an audible warning will sound.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision capability offers well-defined views of your environs no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also keep their crisp imaging as you zoom in on details.
- Cloud storage: Choose security cameras with recording and storage cloud capabilities and the capacity to review video straight from your mobile device app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in Salt Lake City are typically paired to a handy app on your smartphone. You can view current feeds or saved video and even activate or disarm your alarms. The Vivint App will post a notification to your cell phone if there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors prompts cameras to activate when odd action occurs. You’ll even be alerted with a message on your smartphone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Need to check in with your children when they return from school? Have you found a visitor at your main entry? The latest surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient bi-directional audio so you can speak to the people detected by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your outdoor surveillance should offer no less than a 120° view. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This convenience allows you to program the exact area you wish your camera to watch over. This will be important to better define the movement you watch as you wouldn’t require notifications each time a vehicle travels by on the road.
Design your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Salt Lake City. The only thing left to do is to get started on your customized Vivint smart home. Call (385) 350-4458 to start or submit the following form to reach out to our home protection and automation specialists.